Can this be fixed? (Ripped cord)
Mar 11, 2009 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

XTTX

Head-Fier
I've got an old pair of headphones that I bought for cheap a while ago with the intent to repair it. It's a pair of Sony MDR-V700's. What happened is the cord got ripped somehow (looks like it got caught then dragged). I no longer have the end of the cord w/ the plug because it's been so long. I actually just coincidentally found the headphones in a drawer. Anyhow, here are some pictures:
templ.png

Can I re-cord this somehow? I attempted to solder it at one point, but the wires are just way to small to accurately solder.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 6
There are some guides on here showing how to recable headphones. So it is doable but I am not sure for those particular headsets (I have headsets that i cant take apart without breaking them)

gl

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, I was trying to see if there were any easy points of entry, but couldn't readily find any.

Edit: also if you can point me in the direction of those guides, that would be great. Right now my searching skills seem to be failing me.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 6
I am sure you could solder it. Just give yourself a lot of slack to work with, that way it'll be easy to hold while putting the iron on it. A pair "helping hands" might help too. At worst you could always use some slightly thicker cable like Canare Starquad or the Mogami quad cable. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back