Can the V-MODA M100 handle classical music?
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

virtueman

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I have a question for you who know these headphones.

Background:
I just bought the Sennheiser Momentum as my first high-end headphones for allround purposes (to listen to all music genres, watch movies, play games etc.) and I love it for classical music, it's like having the musicians right in front of me and there is incredible detail, but the downside is I feel it lacks bass for when I listen to modern music, or movie-music, or play video games - when I feel I want more power in the bass for more "immersion" in the music. To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with the "lack" of bass I was experiencing. Explosions in movies and video games have no power, it's like they can't handle it. This is obviously a personal preference and I probably was expecting more bass out of an audiophile, relatively flat, headphone than there normally is. The question now is if I should return them to the store and instead get a V-MODA M100 to get that bass I am missing. It sure sounds like the headphone for me when I read about it, though I'm not sure if I really am a "basshead" (nor if I would want to be? :p).

Question:
Can the V-MODA handle classical music at all or is it terrible with it? Can it give you something like the sennheiser momentum clarity but with more and deeper bass? I'd like a pair of bass-capable phones that can also deliver in classical or movie music if I want them too.

Thanks for any insights into this.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 4
And with bass reduction, what happens if you use them for classical then?

I understand I may be asking for too much in one set of headphones, but I'm just curious what you guys think this one can do.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 4
  And with bass reduction, what happens if you use them for classical then?

I understand I may be asking for too much in one set of headphones, but I'm just curious what you guys think this one can do.

Yeah--you're really trying to use a hammer when you need a screwdriver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back