Can the Shure E2c stand up to the Etymotic ER6i??
Jul 24, 2005 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BASS555

New Head-Fier
One is 30 dollars cheaper (the E2c) but is it worth it to cough up 30 more bucks for the Etymotic ER6i? Is the E2c good enough? Can you notice the difference between the two in terms of sound?

Jul 24, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 4
That is a question of personal taste. I own both the E2c, and the ER6i, and I enjoy both of them. For me the ER6i's are more comfortable and have a better overall sound. The E2c's are not quite as comfortable, however they have much more bass and depending on what I am listening to this sounds better to me. I bought the E2c's first and with the hard eartips I had a hard time listening to them. The soft comfy tips (or whatever everyone calls them) are much better; I believe they come with the E2c's now. For me, if I had to chose between the 2, I would get the ER6i's. But thats just me.

Jul 24, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 4
I'd spring for the ER6i myself but that's *my* preference. Depends on what you listen to and what you want out of a set of cans. Plenty of reviews covering both available if you want to search the forum. Helps making an informed choice so much easier.

Jul 24, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Out of preference and what I listen too, I enjoy the e2c's better. I find them better suited for alternative, rock, hip-hop and rap, which I mostly listen too. It usually depends on what your musical tastes are. The e2c's suit mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back