can the hd 6xx ear caps really get to this angle ?
Dec 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

orian

New Head-Fier

he says and shows his copy getting to around 90 degree angle moving the ear caps
my copy cant really get anywhere near it and when i tried to push one ear cap this way i started to feel like im gonna break it so i stopped ....
how is your copy ?

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 9
he says and shows his copy getting to around 90 degree angle moving the ear caps
my copy cant really get anywhere near it and when i tried to push one ear cap this way i started to feel like im gonna break it so i stopped ....
how is your copy ?

HD580/580J/600/650 when moved that way will normally snap open, not snap off, the ear cup free of the gimbal. This is how they're disassembled. If anything, his probably has some kind of casting defect that prevents it from working that way.

Your copy is normal. At the same time this isn't like swinging the ear cups 90deg in the other axis so it can be laid flat for storage and packing, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 9
HD580/580J/600/650 when moved that way will normally snap open, not snap off, the ear cup free of the gimbal. This is how they're disassembled. If anything, his probably has some kind of casting defect that prevents it from working that way.

Your copy is normal. At the same time this isn't like swinging the ear cups 90deg in the other axis so it can be laid flat for storage and packing, so I wouldn't really worry about it.
So what you are actually saying that if i was to rotate the ear all they way like he had done
I wouldnt break it? That lock you are talking about would just sanp open and then you can close it by rotating it to the other direction?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 9

^^ ??

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 9

How to move them to disassemble

What I meant by "flat"
s-l225.jpg

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 9
The disassembly doeant look like the ear caps are being rotated, he is just snapping open some plastic cover

You don't "snap off" the plastic panels like you wedge a nail or spatula between the bezel and backplate of a smartphone or an iPod. You rotate it and the gimbals will push against the bottom panel until the panel snaps off. That's why it's not supposed to rotate as far as in the video you posted because normally you wouldn't get that far without the panel snapping off.

Look, I'll put it this way. I've had my HD600 since 2009 and I take it apart for cleaning. You had your HD6XX one week. Nobody said there was anything modified in the chassis design other than the colour and your unit doesn't move that far. if you don't trust me on that then force your headphone to rotate the earcup 90deg. Either you disassemble it or your destroy it, the more likely thing happening here is that the guy in the video you posted has a unit that has the wrong fit on the gimbals and bottom trim ring on his HD6XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back