Can the HD-595 beat the Bose QC2?
Aug 31, 2006 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bunbut

100+ Head-Fier
Overheard my boss talked to Bose support about repair his headphones. So I went over the next cube to talk to him. He said his headphones probably have bad wires connection, Bose said send it back with $100, they going to send him a new one. I have K81DJ, Grado SR80, and HD-595 just got it last week from the Boston Meets. I went back to my cube and got the HD-595 and hand it to him and told him to use it till he gets his new Bose back. Will the HD-595 convince him to join this site soon? Should I had given the SR80 to try?

Will keep you update about this.

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 6
You never know, everyone has different ears and a different appreciation of things. IMO both the SR-80 and 595 are a great deal better than the QC2, haven't heard the K81DJ but I'd imagine it is as well. I even preferred the K26P to them by a good margin the last time I demoed them (both in the Bose store, straight from an iPod in a noise environment).

The QC2 is comfortable though so if that is high on that person's criteria the 595 was probably the best choice to loan them since IMO the SR-80 isn't going to compare on that front.

If noise isolation is most important the AKG probably would have been a better loaner.

Ant

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 6
While I am no fan of Bose, the QC2s and 595s serve very different purposes, and if the noise reduction feature of the QC2 is at all important to your boss, the 595 will be no substitute.

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm not surprised. Function before sound. HD595 performs poorly in loud environments and if it's isolation and comfort he wants, then the QC2 is pretty tough to beat.

Lending the HD595 to him was a good idea. I don't think someone coming from Bose sound would like Grado sound as much as Senn sound. Also, he might find the SR80 quite uncomfortable compared to the QC2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back