Can the D2 opamps be Rolled?
Apr 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bleuburd

100+ Head-Fier
I've got an ibasso D2, and I'm trying to figure out if I can roll opamps in it. Is this possible without too much trouble? Are the opamps in the D2 smd mount? If so, I don't know if I'm up for the challenge. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bleuburd

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 7
The D2 Viper's opamps can be rolled with simple hotswapping. The D2 Boa cannot, one would have to desolder the stock opamps in order to change them.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 7
well depends on how you feel. you could desolder the op-amp and install a socket; then you could roll them as much as you like. but yeah if you dont feel confident or have only recently got it, maybe give it a miss

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Hmmm, I might try putting in a socket(s). I have to get a better iron first though. I've got this cheap radio shack - esque iron.

Edit: Does anyone know where to get the small star tip screwdriver you need to open the D2?

Apr 5, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 7
It would be rather difficult to install a socket in the D2 if it does not already have sockets, as the opamp is soldered to pads, and the sockets need to be soldered to plated thru holes. I suppose it might be possible to cut the legs off a socket and solder it to the pads, but it would be a pretty touchy job to get it done neatly, as one of the opamps is directly beside the battery, and I doubt that there is room for an iron tip without removing the battery.

I would suggest just enjoying your D2 in its stock, unmodified, *working* form.

The D2 uses a Torx T-8, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back