Can the 2 pin for IEM go ether way?
Sep 28, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 9
Make sure you have them the right polarity by having the two coloured dots (should be blue for left and red for right) facing the same way or you could get polarity issues. Plenty of tests online to see if you have them set up correctly.

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 9
colored dots? i see none

Yeah most 2 pin cables come with coloured dots near the 2 pin termination, but occasionally a few don't. If the cable has no ear hooks sometimes it is confusing which direction to put the 2 pin cables in without the dots. If there are dots, just follow the good advise above from @davidcotton , it works for me too.
So if the cable has no dots, just use the online sites to test if u are in phase or not. If not in phase, just turn around the 2 pin connector on ONE of the IEMs and u should be good to go.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 9
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 9
Make sure you have them the right polarity by having the two coloured dots (should be blue for left and red for right) facing the same way or you could get polarity issues. Plenty of tests online to see if you have them set up correctly.
Hi davidcotton, regarding the red/blue dots it's clear. The question I face it's, if the cable haven't any hook, which pin where. It's possible to give me an page where someone explains this. My cables do have a hook and dots, this question are only "in case".
Thanks in advance for your help

Markus

Sep 29, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #9 of 9
However there is a different. It wont break your earphone, of course you always unplug from source when you do the swap.

It depends on your preference, some even prefer the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back