Can surround-sound sound decent -- esp. using tiny speakers?
Sep 30, 2002 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Lately, I've grown weary of not hearing movie sound elements spatially with my bedroom DVD setup. I've already got a hi-fi/musician setup in my living room; what's more, my bedroom's dinky.

Question to all: Is there such a thing as a tiny-but-listenable speaker system for the bedroom in your opinion? If there is, is it the KHT 2005, Aego P5 or Axiom Micro? If not, what the hell is it?

I'm toying with glomming one of these dweebuniottlebies at the moment: either the aego p5 or the KHT 2005.

The lionized Rocket Speaker line is about to debut a surround-sound set as well. It's to be dubbed the ELHT line -- Extremely Luscious Home Theater -- and should be out by around Xmas or the beginning of next year.

I've read great things about Aego in their previous incarnation as computer speakers and have actually heard them with the decoder and they didn't make me ill. But neither did they thrill me -- though, admittedly, I was hearing them in a strange and somewhat masking situation.

OTOH, these speakers absolutely amazed me. I had no problem listening to Shostakovich, Stravinsky or Michael Zorn on them either.

Oct 4, 2002 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 2
<bump>

I hope to make a decision this weekend. Has anyone heard both of these speakers/speaker systems? If so, is the 2500 markedly better than the P5? Anyone recommend a better set of speakers? I just found the factory sealed 2500 system for $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back