Can someone with Denon 1001's please take some measurements for me?
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Joriarty

New Head-Fier
OK, Google can't turn up ANYTHING on this. If you own a pair of Denon 1001 headphones, could you please take the following measurements for me: (looking on buying some instead of IEM's, but wondering how bulky they are instead of my D2000s)

- Earcup diameter (if cups aren't circular, give me two measurements at 90-degree angles so I can still get an idea of size)
- Earcup depth

Don't worry too much about accuracy, to 0.1cm ± a few mm is OK, I just need a rough idea.

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 7
I can do this if no one else does in 2.5 hrs. Before I do that, I should say that I wouldn't use these as portables. At least, not in the "go outside with them" sense of the word. They don't clamp much (like your D2000s), so they tend to move a little when I walk. I don't think they'll slip right off, or anything. But still, it's annoying. And they let lots and lots of noise in. I was really surprised. They're OK indoors, with people talking and computers humming and fans (or heaters) whirring. But motor vehicles, air conditioning exhaust units, and construction? Forget it.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 7
well, putting the pad back on is a huge pita, so heres some rough measurements.

75mm-width at it's widest diameter (it's oblong shaped.. like a egg).
85mm height
(edit.. theres actually a 3-4mm rim around the cups, so the actually cup height is around 78mm)

Theres really no way for me to get a close measurement for the depth of the cups.. but I'm gonna guess 2.5cm.. another 1.5cm for the pads.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 7
OK thanks guys, sounds like they aren't the sort you walk around the street wearing
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's just hard to get an idea of size when there are only photos with nothing to scale them against...

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joriarty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK thanks guys, sounds like they aren't the sort you walk around the street wearing
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's just hard to get an idea of size when there are only photos with nothing to scale them against...

I owned a pair of the 1000's. They're pretty big to be wearing around in public.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 7
^ I dunno about them being too big for portables...I've certainly seen loads of people walking around with bigger ones. But they're not ideal for a whole host of other reasons. I love the D1001s, just not for the outdoors. Conversely, I love the AKG K26Ps...but only outdoors.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I dunno about them being too big for portables...I've certainly seen loads of people walking around with bigger ones. But they're not ideal for a whole host of other reasons. I love the D1001s, just not for the outdoors. Conversely, I love the AKG K26Ps...but only outdoors.

I guess it comes down to your comfort with them. I know there's no way I'd be caught dead in public sporting full sized cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back