?? Can someone solve the Sony WM1A 'Demo Mode' Mystery ??
May 15, 2020 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RONJA MESCO

1000+ Head-Fier
Here is the issue. I got a WM1A second hand and its stuck in this demo mode. Most Sony products have defeatable Demo Modes...but I am going nuts why the Wm1A's Demo Mode is one big screw job. There has to be someone on here who knows how to defeat it THE RIGHT WAY. I can't believe this is this hard.

I asked people on the WM1A thread, and all I get is answers of resets for pre-2016 Walkmans, which doesnt work (lHold button activated, RWD Button 5x, Play Button 5X, FWD Button 5x). Yeah, reflashing the updates isnt going to work either. Even one of the guys I talked to at Sony Support didnt know what to do. How in the heck does nobody who worked for Sony know how to take off the Demo Mode to the damn units they produced???

Concrete answers appreciated, because I have a feeling if I send this in to be fixed and some tech is gonna tell me that they dont know what to do.

May 15, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 7
May 30, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 7
I did. I went into the firmware and tried the rockbox stuff and it didn't work. I had to send it in....

May 30, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Hope they don't charge ya too much
I hope not either. If they can't fix it, then I'm sending it to Sony's Hong Kong service center, the last known place on earth I've heard somebody actually get their WM1A out of demo mode thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back