Can someone school me on some Tech-House?
Sep 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Love the genre; know very few producers/DJ's.

Already own virtually everything by Richie Hawtin and John Acquaviva.

Am looking for the slightly harder/darker stuff.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Don't think I'd classify Richie Hawtin as tech-house.. more along the lines of straight detroit techno and one of the pioneers of minimal house, with his live sets range somewhere between the two extremes over the last few years.

As for tech-house as I know it, Eddie Richards comes to mind. Check out his Fabric 16 mix, along with his 1995 essential mix and search around a bit for live mixes. Also look at Terry Francis, and maybe Pure Science. For Terry Francis, you probably want to look for some live mixes, and definitely grab his 1998 essential mix.

Harder and darker? Look into Rob Hood. His recent Fabric mix was very good imo (though roughly mixed).

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzydice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't think I'd classify Richie Hawtin as tech-house.. more along the lines of straight detroit techno and one of the pioneers of minimal house, with his live sets range somewhere between the two extremes over the last few years.

As for tech-house as I know it, Eddie Richards comes to mind. Check out his Fabric 16 mix, along with his 1995 essential mix and search around a bit for live mixes. Also look at Terry Francis, and maybe Pure Science. For Terry Francis, you probably want to look for some live mixes, and definitely grab his 1998 essential mix.

Harder and darker? Look into Rob Hood. His recent Fabric mix was very good imo (though roughly mixed).

Finally a reply; thank you!

Thanks for the recs-but a 1995 mix is not what I am looking for-looking for more current material/djs.

Will look into Rob Hood.

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 4
one of my favourite bands is swayzak, as already name dropped you should check out the listings of all the fabric mixes (maybe not the fabric live sets - that would be breaks & drum/bass), luke slater & any of his mixes, thomas schumacher, joel armstrong, gene carbonell, cristian vogel, john selway, christian smith, dj lottie, agoria, anything on eukatech label, tecnhasia, adam beyer, jeff mills, vince watson, si begg/si futures. also check out border community label.

ok ok some of that may be a bit progressive house or towrds electro or techno but techhouse is a bit of a loose term imo.

but as you mentioned hawtin heres a little M-nus rage: YouTube - Hitler is a M_nus Fan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back