Can someone recommend me some Minimal Techno?
Sep 20, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by koshui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Field - From Here We Go Sublime.

Surprised it took that long for The Field to be recommended.

Gui Boratto
Matthew Dear
The Orb
Thomas Fehlmann
Jurgen Paape

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #33 of 42
+whatever we're up to on that Trentemoller album
Also, try disc 1 of James Zabiela's Renaissance the Masters Series
and Extrawelt's
00.+Extrawelt+-+Schone+Neue+Extrawelt+%5BCORCD019%5D.jpg

edit: also - deadmau5 is not remotely close to minimal. It's considered progressive house but his newer stuff has a distinctly electro house edge imo.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: also - deadmau5 is not remotely close to minimal. It's considered progressive house but his newer stuff has a distinctly electro house edge imo.

Oh but have you tried playing it at half speed! ... J/K - what happened to long cat BTW?

Heres another for the pile, really surprised no one suggested any NIN yet.

NIN - Ghosts (Free album too if I'm not mistaken)

nin-ghosts-cover.jpg

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happened to long cat BTW?

I figured longcat was a bit too unoriginal so he has been replaced by banker cat (who does not approve your loan).

Also, I was looking around on last.fm and noticed Deadmau5 is actually tagged minimal. Facepalm.

I figure if I'm posting I should also add more, but all my other selections have already been taken.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin3th /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't know if i'd call it minimal, but is definitely a sick album.

Or techno for that matter. I've never been much of genre snob, but geesh. It might benefit a few to open up wikipedia, or at least fire up Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnstone
Matthew Dear

Speaking of Mr. Dear, I forgot about one of my favorite albums of the decade, which would be Suckfish by Audion, a moniker of Dear's. It's his hard techno persona. The album is concept that chronicles a romantic date, highly recommended for Plastikman circa Musik fans.

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there some techno out there that makes you want to asleep? i mean it doesnt have to put you to sleep, but is that type of chill, i'd love to check some of it out.

Some ideas:
biosphere - substrata
carbon based lifeforms - either of their albums
There are more but those are two of the best choices.
Also, progressive house makes me tired if I focus on it and get lost.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or techno for that matter. I've never been much of genre snob, but geesh. It might benefit a few to open up wikipedia, or at least fire up Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music.

Speaking of Mr. Dear, I forgot about one of my favorite albums of the decade, which would be Suckfish by Audion, a moniker of Dear's. It's his hard techno persona. The album is concept that chronicles a romantic date, highly recommended for Plastikman circa Musik fans.

THANK YOU!

"oh.. did someone mention electronic music.. I love ______" Why not just throw in some Tiesto, PVD, AVB, etc. etc. cheese while you are at it!!!

If you are a member at themixingbowl - check out some of Hawtins live stuff. He did a killer set on the John Peel show and more recently there is a pretty good set from Amnesia that Cocoon put on. He has really gotten into the whole abletonlive act which is pretty interesting.

Sep 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh but have you tried playing it at half speed! ... J/K - what happened to long cat BTW?

Heres another for the pile, really surprised no one suggested any NIN yet.

NIN - Ghosts (Free album too if I'm not mistaken)

nin-ghosts-cover.jpg

Great suggestion, but it's not free. You're thinking of The Slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back