Can someone recommend me some Minimal Techno?
Sep 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 42
Biologica,you dirty dog. I've been thinkin' of picking up 10. I guess I better for now.

--

Hard 4 x 4 has been my flavor of minimal lately like Bloody Mary, Loco Dice, Louderbach, Gaiser, Melchior Productions, Ben Klock, . I highly doubt anyone around here would really be into it.

If I had to point out one recent release not mentioned, with a head-fi flavor, it would be Moderat by Moderat the pairing of Modeselektor and Appart. The album offers a nice mix of styles with a minimal edge. Seamonkey is a dark and dubby and one of my favorite tracks of the year. Tracks like A New Error try to one up Alter Ego and come darn close.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by San7a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF YOU DON'T HAVE:

[size=large]TRENTEMØLLER - THE LAST RESORT[/size]

... GET IT.

NOW!!!!

NOW!!!!

Best minimal in decades, if not ever.

X2.

A super album, for sure. Also, give "Pocket Symphony" by Air a try. It's fairly minimal IMO.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 42
Great suggestions, I will look into some I have not heard. Some not mentioned:

Booka Shade - minimal but less techno and more 4 on the floor house sound but still with a dark vibe- Movements is great.

Or go for some Basic Channel - they have two compilations cd (BCD1 and BCD2) - minimal tech with dub influences.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Booka Shade/~/- Movements is great.

That is one of my all-time favorite albums. Memento was friggin' awesome too. On & On, Vertigo, Double Identity, Frantic, S.T.A.R.R.Z....so good.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 42
"This Binary Universe" by BT is also a winner that I forgot to mention earlier. And if you can, get the CD/DVD combo. It's simply delicious in 5.1 surround sound
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks_own /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"This Binary Universe" by BT is also a winner that I forgot to mention earlier. And if you can, get the CD/DVD combo. It's simply delicious in 5.1 surround sound
biggrin.gif

thanks for reminder on this never gave it a thorough listen will try again now!

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #23 of 42
I have to say that Richie's sound (esp. Plastikman) is really in its own genre and no one comes close to recreating his early works. I still remember my first show almost 15 years ago... it was a sonic assult for about 10 hours none stop!!!
normal_smile .gif

Hmmm... lets see...

If you enjoyed Consumed you have to check out Yagya...
r-674596-1146312211.jpg

His newest album, Rigning, is brilliant as well as The Rhythm Of Snow...

Also, Glider has some great drone dub...
tsb2.jpg

Krill Minima (Marsen Jules) also highly recommended...
nauticacover.jpg

If you enjoy classical piano mixed with dark overtones and field recordings, then you have to check out Swod - Gehen...
TB021_Cover.jpg

If you are looking for experimental minimal, like the majority of Plastikman, these artists I can't recommend enough...
1. Murcof
2. Vladislav Delay
3. Jan Jelinek
4. Monolake
5. Blamstrain

These are just a few off the top of my head that have put records out recently... I do have boxes full of material from throughout the nineties - acid house, dark dub, etc.

Maybe I can remember a few more without shifting through piles... until then...
darthsmile.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #25 of 42
^mention of Villalobos reminds me of a question I was wondering about:

what are the best artists on Playhouse records?
the only two I really know are Isolee and Villalobos both of whom absolutely rule. We Are Monster and Alcachofa are a couple must own records, what other Playhouse releases are on similar tier of greatness?

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE:

... GET IT.

NOW!!!!

NOW!!!!

+1

Amazing CD!

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #27 of 42
Have you heard Adultnapper? Not quite as minimal as Richie Hawtin (who is?), but his grooves are pretty subtle.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE:

... GET IT.

NOW!!!!

NOW!!!!

don't know if i'd call it minimal, but is definitely a sick album.

as for dark minimal, the hacker-reves mechaniques

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #30 of 42
I don't like minimal really. I think Deadmau5 does fairly minimal work though. Check him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back