can someone post their impressions on the headroom micro amp?
Jul 5, 2005 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Hi,

If anyone has the micro amp, id like to read your impressions of the amp compared to others such as sr-71, the portaphile, pimeta ppa and so on,

Im thinking about this amp because it is somewhat affordable for me, and after careful consideration the sr-71 is unattainable for me.

thanks!

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 5
My vote goes to build your own Pimeta. Its a really easy amp and I believe you can solder well enough to build this amp. Come on! TEAM DIY!
600smile.gif

-Alex-

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, that's all fine and nice...but the thread is asking for impressions about the HeadRoom Micro Amp. Perhaps you could chime in with some info re) how it compares??

I've heard the Micro on a couple of occasions now. It's available with either the Micro (which I've heard at meets) and Desktop (which I'm upgrading my Coda to) modules. I've also, of course, spent significant time with the Coda (its predecessor).

I'd say that it's a pretty nice amp. I think that you'll find it pretty comparable to the RS SR-71. It's hard to say how it compares to a Pimeta, PPA, or other DIY amps, as so many variants of said amps are available.

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Oh gosh..

I went to the headamp site and they were taking pre orders for the ae-1

I couldnt help myself, it was cheaper then the sr-71 and had both RCA AND 1/8" inputs with a lithium battery..

and was substantially cheaper then the sr-71

I hit order on the spot.

looks like Ill be one of the ae-1 first adopters.

Jul 6, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 5
the headroom micro amp runs on (2) 9v batteries & comes with a wall wart.

it is the best battery amp i have yet heard when built with the desktop module.

it is a winner!! i highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back