Can someone post pictures of ATH-A*00s being worn?
Mar 17, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando
Hah. I've never heard that before.

Neither have I. This is almost as preposterous as the "life eventually leads to death" proganda.

(my rig is to the left of my monitor)

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #18 of 36
I have some AD-700s
I have a big head, so for you average head people they are fairly large, oh and I wouldnt wear it outside.

me.jpg

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #20 of 36
just dont get them stolen :p

they fit fairly well on my head, i can move my head around quite a lot without it moving so its not that bad...guess it depends on how big your head is, and i have the a900ltd's which might have a different fit so yeh...

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #23 of 36
Heh. From the side and from such a wide angle, they do look pretty massive.

But that won't stop me!
580smile.gif

And don't worry about them getting stolen. If I wear them out and about, the only place they'll be is on my head or around my neck (or in my bag).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Say bye bye to your friends
icon10.gif

In that situation. I'll just let them take a listen. That should change their minds.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #24 of 36
Yes, they are big. For me, the issue in terms of walking around outside is the headband. The two headbands on the A Series look like alien antenna on me, and the 3D Wings don't help. Plus the fact that I don't have much hair results in a decidedly alien-like appearance. The 3D Wings look less obvious on those of you with thick dark-colored hair, and the headbands don't stick out from the top of your heads.

Well, at least the 3D Wings don't slip and slide on my head.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #26 of 36
they look like they make good ear muffs for the winter
tongue.gif

i was considering the A500's for portables as well...but after seeing these head shots with them on, i'm glad i went with the ES7's instead
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm still thinking about purchasing A900's for home use. those pictures of the A900 Limited Edition look amazing...so tempting....
frown.gif
but the wallet cries no

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando
I see. My hair is moderately long: 5 inches or so. Would this mean the A900 will slip around more or less?

Uh, I think it would depend on hair texture and how greasy your hair is.

Apparently, I've made hair a valid topic in the headphones forum. Maybe we can start talking about hair styling and perms?
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
they look like they make good ear muffs for the winter
tongue.gif

i was considering the A500's for portables as well...but after seeing these head shots with them on, i'm glad i went with the ES7's instead
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm still thinking about purchasing A900's for home use. those pictures of the A900 Limited Edition look amazing...so tempting....
frown.gif
but the wallet cries no

Yes.. you really need to hear how great the LTDs sound! amazing. They are my best purchase in years
biggrin.gif

I never wear my A900s outside. I was considering it at one stage since I have 2 sets (A900 and LTDs).. but I use both strictly at home for serious musical listening.

I picked up a pair of HD25-1s for portable use (they look quite cheap, although expensive for portables.. and people don't stare). The HD25's sound brilliant too
biggrin.gif
The ES7s would be my next portable headphone. I haven't ordered them 'yet' but boy are they tempting!!! that's if someone can convince me they can produce the ATH-900's sound. I doubt anthing could even match the LTDs though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Apparently, I've made hair a valid topic in the headphones forum. Maybe we can start talking about hair styling and perms?
tongue.gif

Fantastic idea.

But seriously, my hair is rather thick and pretty dry. Any idea how that might affect the grip?

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #30 of 36
No idea. I haven't had much hair for several years.
frown.gif

Seriously, if the 3D Wings sit firmly within your hair, I don't think they will slip or slide. Thick, curly hair would be best, I think, and worst would be straight, flat hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back