Can someone please help me recable my ultrasone edition 8 Headphones?
Apr 18, 2010 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stainless824

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I've just recently acquired a second hand ultrasone edition 8 and am wondering how I would be able to recable it myself with 18awg silver braid. I have some soldering experience but don't want to wreck my headphones by disassembling it the "wrong" way and killing my 1k investment. The silver braid is of ALO make which i salvaged from my uncle's broken recabled AKG 701.

Oh and one more thing, I know that the whiplash twag cable is made for iems but is it possible to hot glue an iem cable socket into the edition 8, make the connections then plug in the twag? I want a lightweight cable and it seems that the twag provides both lightweight and good sq. Plus theres the benefit of hotswappable cables!

Thank you in advanced

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the pointer
hmmm, it would probably cost me heaps to get it done tho whereas diying it will make it cost next to nothing (except for sockets and solder). I'll drop drew an email some time, really wanted to see what twag would be like on an ed8.

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by stainless824 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm, it would probably cost me heaps to get it done tho whereas diying it will make it cost next to nothing (except for sockets and solder).

Only if you can do it yourself... or find a cable guy who doesn't DIYfor profit.

Quote:

I'll drop drew an email some time, really wanted to see what twag would be like on an ed8.

I have always been partial to oehlibach wires myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back