Can someone help with my choices?
Jun 14, 2007 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nike T

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting a DAP, I may or may not be using it with an amp, no money to get one but maybe in the future. I'm thinking about a few of them.

Iriver h320, Ipod vid, Zen Vision M, and Microsoft Zune. Which one do you think I should get, I'll be using it with Crossroads Mylarone X3's when they come. Did I miss anything that might be better than these choices?

I'm leaning towards the Iriver, it has lineout and is cheaper than the others, and if I wanted more space I could get a different hard drive part.

Jun 14, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 8
I have the h320, and I have no complaints except for its thickness. It'll fit it your pocket, but trust me, you'll know it's there. Rockbox is what made it the dap for me. It's a very customizable alternate firmware. However, it's also available for the iPod.

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 8
hey, you forgot the iaudio x5! that player rocks, especially with rockbox... at least, im loving mine. Also, i got it for $205 new right before they discountinued it. Has great SQ out of the headphone out.

Jun 15, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the h320, and I have no complaints except for its thickness. It'll fit it your pocket, but trust me, you'll know it's there. Rockbox is what made it the dap for me. It's a very customizable alternate firmware. However, it's also available for the iPod.

Is the thickness really that bad?

Jun 15, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 8
I have both the iPod vid and Zune. between those to choices I would go with the Zune because you can easily upgrade the hardrive and battery on that player and you dont need a new back cover like the iPod, and the sound is much richer than the iPod.

Jun 15, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 8
I have had all of the ones you mentioned. Out of them all, the Zen is more versitile. But out of the headphone alone, the Zune wins hands down. I amp my Zen now, so of course that sounds better. 'But, the zune repsonds to amping very well! The zen is a better buy, i think. But thats why I have both, its hard to choose. The ipod cant compare to either...

Jun 15, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the thickness really that bad?

Not really that bad, actually. In the pocket, I feels as big as the Creative ZVM - I have both H320 and ZVM, so I know. The iPod, which I don't have, does seem slimmer though.

H320 gives a stronger headphone out - can drive phones louder than ZVM. In my case, H320 does OK with PX100, while on ZVM, PX100 sounds weak even after cranking up to 80-90% volume, so you need more efficient phones with them. H320 sounds more muscular to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back