Can someone help me with something?
Oct 10, 2021 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

asteele82

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any audio engineers who are very well versed in isolating dialog from wind background noise and humming? Its a window a/c unit and a fan. I know about the freelance websites and stuff but this situation is extremely sensitive and I don't have much money. I have around 70gigs but I don't expect anyone to go over all that what-so-ever so I would just start out with maybe 30 minutes worth. To see what the results are. If anyone would be willing I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Adam

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 3
I have no experience in audio engineering work, but I assume you'd have to figure out the AC and fan noise frequency ranges and filter it out from the audio.

Just google 'background noise reduction' and you should run into stuff like this. There's software out there that automates the process.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Equalizers are sometimes used for noise

Also many condenser microphones have a bass cut switch which can help reduce that low rumble noise.

Ultimately, if you can just push that button to turn off the air conditioner for an hour or two that’s probably the best.

But yeah noise is annoying. I’m in the process of building a studio in my back porch and I hate loud cars and loud motorcycles. Especially when these guys modify their vehicles to make them louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back