Can someone help me with matching an amplifier to my new B&W 685s?
Dec 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #16 of 18
So I went to the audio shop to check out some of their amps and brought along my Little Dot MkIII to use as a preamp with one of their Rotel RB-5010s. I was COMPLETELY blown away. I literally spent 2 hours in the listening room and didn't notice it (got a ticket b/c my parking meter expired 
redface.gif
). 

They're going to let me bring the A-9555 that I ordered to A-B the two. Hopefully the Onkyo holds its own, because I'd love to be able to save $200 (+ the selling price of the MKIII). Also, with a discrete setup, I won't be able to buy a turntable, which I had been hoping to do. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 18
now that I think of the caps feature has probably to do to ensure the amp is brand new and never used before; sorry for asking silly questions.

Uncle Eric - I tried that, but being a little anxious about this stuff I felt spades might made a more appropriate connection.

OP: it would be interesting to know how the Onkyo holds up to the Rotel. take a blindfold to the store. 
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
So I went to the audio shop to check out some of their amps and brought along my Little Dot MkIII to use as a preamp with one of their Rotel RB-5010s. I was COMPLETELY blown away. I literally spent 2 hours in the listening room and didn't notice it (got a ticket b/c my parking meter expired 
redface.gif
). 

They're going to let me bring the A-9555 that I ordered to A-B the two. Hopefully the Onkyo holds its own, because I'd love to be able to save $200 (+ the selling price of the MKIII). Also, with a discrete setup, I won't be able to buy a turntable, which I had been hoping to do. 

Please post your impressions when you compare the two, I would definitely like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back