Can someone help me with Itunes integrating with Apple TV?
Nov 25, 2011 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
For some reason my Apple TV is not connecting to my PC based iTunes.
It says I need to turn "Home Sharing" on (whihc I believe is on; its under preference, no?)
I know my wifi is working properly because I am streaming movies and internet with no problem.

I did change my router password today b/cI downloaded a newer version of Windows 7 but I updated that in setting on my ATV.

Do I have to update anything within itunes itself?

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
There is a Home Sharing setting in iTunes you have to turn on, as well as enabling it on your Apple TV.

I believe its on on both devices.

Can you tell me where its located?

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Home Sharing is on.

For some reason, my Apple TV just loses its connection after a song or two.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Perhaps it's something to do with your router. IP address conflicts caused problems getting my Blu-ray player to work properly over wireless, could be something like that.

Thanks for the replies Somnam-

Everything else that is using my router, including wirelessly streaming movie via Netflix on the ATV, is working perfectly.
Therefore, im guessing it has to be specifically iTunes.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 10
Could be iTunes doesn't like the security setting on your router. See the bottom of the thread here.

Is your iTunes the latest version? Router firmware up to date? If you make a wired connection does it work? Are you signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices?

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Could be iTunes doesn't like the security setting on your router. See the bottom of the thread here.

Is your iTunes the latest version? Router firmware up to date? If you make a wired connection does it work? Are you signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices?

Jim-

Some valuable info here; thanks.
Makes me feel a bit better that others are experiencing the same thing.
I am going to play around with my router tomorrow and see if anythhing changes.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back