Can someone help me speed up my computer. It's way to slow.
Sep 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #77 of 90

Quote:
Thread title doesn't seem appropriate now considering who or what was really to blame.

Fixed the thread title. No more issues.

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #78 of 90
What was the problem?
Got oddly quiet even though you were so vocal about it before. :wink:

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #79 of 90
I encounter sometime similar before with my ACER aspire 4736G, so I know how frustrating it is.

Some of the symptoms I noticed:
1) the screen fades to white whenever I furiously click my mouse to get it working (especially when I open multiple tabs)
2) when typing words, the clicker would disappear and I have to wait sometime before the words appear
3) the machine seem to produce lot's of whirling engine noise, when ever it hangs
4) Takes forever to start up.

I reformatted it and now it's back to normal (you'll lose all your saved files though)

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #80 of 90

Quote:
What was the problem?
Got oddly quiet even though you were so vocal about it before. :wink:

It was software related. I reinstalled windows on a different hard drive and it fixed the issue.

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #81 of 90
Now you know. ; ) Format fixes everything, almost everytime. Unless you have bad sectors. ; ) Congrats.

It's alos really easy to do once you have your drivers you'll need all downloaded and in a folder - ready to be installed.

Reformat: 20 minutes: Reinstall everyhing 20-30 including restart.

Your computer looks the same... accept it runs brand new.
biggrin.gif
No unseen spyware / bloatware/ whatever it is that causes os's to become slow. They just need a little jump-start every now and then. : ) Good as new.

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #82 of 90
Quote:
Now you know. ; ) Format fixes everything, almost everytime. Unless you have bad sectors. ; ) Congrats.

It's alos really easy to do once you have your drivers you'll need all downloaded and in a folder - ready to be installed.

Reformat: 20 minutes: Reinstall everyhing 20-30 including restart.

Your computer looks the same... accept it runs brand new.
biggrin.gif
No unseen spyware / bloatware/ whatever it is that causes os's to become slow. They just need a little jump-start every now and then. : ) Good as new.

I just make an image of a fresh install with all my necessary software installed, like office and all that jazz.

With that, I could have a 'fresh' system up and running in 5 minutes. That being said though, I haven't had to do that for years, I guess Windows 7 really likes me. My computer has been a snappy little bugger ever since I have it an SSD, best computer "performance upgrade" ever IMO.

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #83 of 90
Dman it, I would have SSD, (want badly) but I want my 6TB in my mini computer more. My tower is (14/16/5 inches flat wide.... It's effing small.. you've no idea... I've dremeled the mobo bracket, hd bays, and even the tempered power supply and bent video cards to make things fit - and slapped the largest heatsink I could possibly fit in it. ; ) The pictures are trololol. ; ) I still have room for another graphics card too. ;D

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #84 of 90

Quote:

I just make an image of a fresh install with all my necessary software installed, like office and all that jazz.

With that, I could have a 'fresh' system up and running in 5 minutes. That being said though, I haven't had to do that for years, I guess Windows 7 really likes me. My computer has been a snappy little bugger ever since I have it an SSD, best computer "performance upgrade" ever IMO.

I'm with ya.  I got a refurb 2011 iMac 3.4 i7 with a 256 SSD drive.  iPhoto used to take forever to load up, now it's 'instant on'.  Just 'boom' and it's on.  I really only get a beachball when I'm hung on Safari.  Really not in love with Safari 5.1.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #85 of 90

Quote:
I'm with ya.  I got a refurb 2011 iMac 3.4 i7 with a 256 SSD drive.  iPhoto used to take forever to load up, now it's 'instant on'.  Just 'boom' and it's on.  I really only get a beachball when I'm hung on Safari.  Really not in love with Safari 5.1.

Download chrome.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #86 of 90
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #87 of 90
Firefox >>>> Chrome. Gotta keep the browser battle alive. Down with Cloud computing.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #88 of 90

Quote:
Firefox >>>> Chrome. Gotta keep the browser battle alive. Down with Cloud computing.

I agree as firefox is my preference but chrome has a lighter footprint.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #90 of 90

Quote:

Can someone help me speed up my computer. It's way to slow.

>Try to Linux
smile.gif

Tried it, didn't like it. A reinstall fixed the issue anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back