Can someone help me point out which model is this STAX?
Nov 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Please help me point out this headphone&amp's model and year of production. Also if someone has them, please advice me its sound quality.

1256577687.jpg

Thank you so much!!!!!
redface.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 5
The models are written on the boxes...

Thats an SR-007 with the original style flight case. So prior to 2006 at least. The Amp is the II version of the SRM-007t. Which is the relatively recent revision of the SRM-007t.

The SR-007 is the Stax Flagship headphone. Recently succeded by the SR-007 Mk.2 /A.

The 007t is the top Stax tube amp, marginally less power than the solid state 717, but a little more expensive.

I couldn't give you a precise year for either because of the time over which the units have been made. However the O2 is to my ears the best headphone there is. Although that one looks like it will need new pads. Worn pads affect the sound detrimentally.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your help!!

so is the heaphone MKI? or MKII?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats an SR-007 with the original style flight case. So prior to 2006 at least. The Amp is the II version of the SRM-007t. Which is the relatively recent revision of the SRM-007t.

The SR-007 is the Stax Flagship headphone. Recently succeded by the SR-007 Mk.2 /A.

The 007t is the top Stax tube amp, marginally less power than the solid state 717, but a little more expensive.

I couldn't give you a precise year for either because of the time over which the units have been made. However the O2 is to my ears the best headphone there is. Although that one looks like it will need new pads. Worn pads affect the sound detrimentally.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MKI as Duggeh said! ...

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by UtzY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MKI as Duggeh said! ...

YEah, thats what I thought, Just trying to make sure that the headphone is MKI and the Amp is MKII.. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back