Can someone help me out with a reccomendation?
May 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hmohammed43

Head-Fier
Hi everyone! (also, I might as well ask how you're doing 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

I'm expecting my D5000s to return from modding, but I'm pretty much finding that my phone isn't doing anything justice, even when it's hooked up through my Mini^3......just sounds kinda wrong, so I'm on the market for a new player! Yay!

At the moment, I've made the inevitable stumble upon Cowon and their players. I've been trying hard to find a reason not to get the X7 or Z2 (between one or the other) but haven't been able to do it, JetEffect 5 and Android vs Capacity and Battery is kind of hard for me.

I've also had a look at the Colorfly C4 (waaay out of my budget) and some of the HiFiMan players. I could stretch my budget to around £450 (probably around $700) but not up to a C4 really.....a shame, especially since it'd pretty much drive everything. I kinf od prioritise sound quality, but I really think that capacity is important too, having a MicroSD (or at least 64GB of space) would be ideal, but I'm pretty much open to any suggestions for players that sound really good (If there are any better than a J3/X7)

In advance, thanks for taking time to read my post!

May 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 4
The iPod classic will work better if pair with better portable AMPs like ALO MKIII, iBasso PB2, XM6.

May 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 4
For your budget you could get, and I did get, a HIFIMan HM-601 and Graham Slee Yoyager, and have used the
combo with my Denon 2000s and love the sound, no itching to upgrade, the nice Kimber cable connecting them helps too,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back