Can someone help me mod my Sony SRF-S84?
Oct 26, 2005 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrJoshua

500+ Head-Fier
After reading about how good these portable radios are, I managed to get one used for £10 GBP (a little scratched, but works flawlessly).

So, I checked out fixup.net and saw the photos of his mods, but the board in my radio looks different to the one in his photos. I suspect these are photos of the old model?

Anyway, I'd like to modify mine, but wondered if anyone could tell me (or show me as a picture is worth a thousand words) which Capacitors I need to change (and their values pre and post mod)?

I think I'm going to have to order online, but it looks like digikey only sells in packs of 10 (and I need 4 in total iirc)... Has anyone else done this and has leftover caps?

BTW, this radio sounds really really good as standard, so I can't wait to hear it modified.

So much soundstage and detail, and runs my DT-531's with no trouble!

Oct 26, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 2
D'oh!

I just checked Xin's site and the photos of the PCB's are exactly the same as mine... Don't know where I'd got the idea that they looked different.

Anyway, I had a look at the underside of the PCB and I don't think my skills are up to desoldering these caps (nor is my equipment)
rolleyes.gif

Looks like this radio is staying standard for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back