Can someone help me identify these?
Oct 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ninkul

500+ Head-Fier
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post.. Well, my dad gave me a pair of his old speakers (from the 80s i believe) since he's upgraded and well... I have no idea about anything on them, the amp (A&R Cambridge A60) is pretty bust (channels aren't balanced).

Probably ought to get a new housing for the speakers built too.

But... any help would be appreciated to identify these
smily_headphones1.gif

See:

I haven't been able to find the brand so i'm assuming its not around anymore, unless they've done some re-branding and their logo is different (see: Griffin Audio USA LLC)

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 4
The only Griffin speakers I've heard of from the 80's were some Japanese made speakers that weren't on the market very long. I never heard them and there wasn't much reported about them except one comment I remember that some of the enclosures were nice. Neither of the current Griffin-named manufacturers were making speakers in the 80's.

The A&R A60 is a very nice integrated amplifier. The phono section is particularly good. In its time it was considered a clear step up from Nad and Rotel. Before you trash it you should try cleaning the pots with DeOxit. It's a common problem with vintage British integrated amps that corroded pots cause channel imbalance. Particularly the volume control and input selector. You might also need to replace some capacitors. It's definitely worth investigating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back