can someone help me, I have a problem with playing music on my PC
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dudefromearth

Head-Fier
I try to play music in iTunes, VLC or WMP and it doesn't happen. In iTunes the "time meter" at the top of the program doesn't move, but the pause button appears. In VLC the time meter moves but no sound and in WMP it doesn't start the track at all. Real Player plays tracks fine, which is odd.

Here is my gear: Computer > NuForce uDAC > Matrix-M Stage > HD800s.

The odd thing is Windows plays system sounds, ie when I open a folder I hear the click sound, when Windows is shut down that sound occurs, removing USB devices etc all through my headphones. But when I remove the NuForce uDAC and restart iTunes it plays music again, but only Real Player plays music when the uDAC is in. (System sounds work as above)

I am baffled by this. It occured before the odd time, but I have restarted the computer a couple of times and nothing has happened.

Oct 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I try to play music in iTunes, VLC or WMP and it doesn't happen. In iTunes the "time meter" at the top of the program doesn't move, but the pause button appears. In VLC the time meter moves but no sound and in WMP it doesn't start the track at all. Real Player plays tracks fine, which is odd.

Here is my gear: Computer > NuForce uDAC > Matrix-M Stage > HD800s.

The odd thing is Windows plays system sounds, ie when I open a folder I hear the click sound, when Windows is shut down that sound occurs, removing USB devices etc all through my headphones. But when I remove the NuForce uDAC and restart iTunes it plays music again, but only Real Player plays music when the uDAC is in. (System sounds work as above)

I am baffled by this. It occured before the odd time, but I have restarted the computer a couple of times and nothing has happened.

Just to make sure is the uDac set as your default audio device in the Control Panel? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back