Can someone help me find this Record Player
Aug 8, 2008 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pdupiano

1000+ Head-Fier
Aug 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 5
Those type of multi stack designs were quite popular in the 60's and even the early 70's. It wouldn't be an 80's design.

If you were thinking of getting into vinyl with one of those, I would advise you to pass on it.

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 5
If you are on a small budget like say U$100 or less, try your local paper for house clear outs and garage sales. Maybe join up on audiokarma. The guys there are very well informed on eye watering deals and how to nail bargains up and down the US. I sometimes want to emigrate to the US just so I can pick up some of those bargains.

Great budget decks with reliable and durable mechanism to look for on a budget includes Sansui, Yamaha, Kenwood. These are frequently overlooked due to lack of product knowledge by present day buyers. The Sansui SR-222 is such a TT. Dirt cheap to pick up, but one of the best sounding and most reliable belt driven turntables I have ever encountered. The Pioneer with wooden plinth are also good, but avoid the Pioneer with the plastic base and on/off switch at the front left or righthand corner at all cost! The design has a common fault that affects the speed. Pioneer issued a universal modification in the early 80's, but the parts are no longer available.

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 5
To me that thingy looks like it could be a BSR design, probably a pretty late one (late 70s/early 80s, I'd guess).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back