Can someone compare the Sennheiser Momentum to the V-moda M-100?
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased the Sennheiser Momentum headphones after being disappointed with the Sennheiser Amperior headphones. While these headphones are nice, I don't think they're everything I'm looking for. I'm curious about the  V-moda M-100, because apparently it has better build quality like the Sennheiser Amperior and has a more 'fun' sound. The laid-back sound in the Momentum isn't as fun as the Amperior, and isn't ideal because I listen to a lot of rock and metal music. I can't help but wonder if the V-moda would sound just as good or better to me than the Momentums. I see a lot of people saying the V-moda aren't really good for all genres of music, however what I'm looking for is all-rounder headphones. I have 60 days to return the Sennheiser Momentum, but I'm starting to feel like I'm on a wild goose chase for the perfect headphones. I want to settle for the Sennheiser Momentums, but I feel like there's still possibilities at this point. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Wow lol I was in the same spot you were in. M100 or Momentum over and over looking online, reading everything on both. I'd read something about one switch to the other over and over again. I just flipped a coin and ordered the m100s on amazon. Wish I had the money to listen to both at the same time but I don't atm. I'll probably wind up with both at some point but not right now.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 4
If you have a Windows store located near you, it might be worth it to swing by and see if they have the M100s for demo.  They had a pair there for demo'ing when I was there plugged into one of their laptops.  My impressions were that I was VERY impressed with the M100s.  I can't compare them to the momentums though as I've never owned those, but I felt that the M100s were superior in sound quality and comfort to the pair of Amperiors that I use to own.  However, I mainly listen to RnB and hiphop so those were the genres I tested them with,  I'm not too sure how well they handle rock and other faster genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back