Can somebod please provide/link me to step-by-step directions on how to use Crossfeed with Foobar?
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wilky61

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT: It took me almost all night (with some assistance from Donunus) to figure out the answer to the question in the thread title... see post #2 for the answer.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 3
1.) Download: http://www.ohl.to/audio/downloads/head-fit.zip

2.) Unzip the dll/exe to Foobar's components folder.

3.) Download: http://www.yohng.com/files/foobarvst.zip

4.) Unzip foo_dsp_vstwrap.dll to Foobar's components folder.

5.) Foobar > Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager > move George Yohng's VST Wrapper over to the left side underneath Active DSPs

6.) In your Windows system tray, right click VST > VST Setup > Add folder > Foobar's components folder

7.) Right click VST > Use VST Effect > Head-Fit

8.) Hopefully a new window just popped up with a bunch of options. You may need to select External Source if it's not already selected (as opposed to Internal Generator).

9.) I didn't mess with the EQ here, so I have EQ Setup 'off' and Crossfeed Setup 'on.' You may have to toggle EQ Setup on/off if it's showing up on top of the Crossfeed Setup controls...

10.) Set 'ILD LF' to -8.5, 'ITD LF ms' to 0.34, 'ITD HF ms' to 0.25, leave 'ILD HF' at -16.0 and leave 'F central' at 1807. I also boosted the volume up to -1.0. You may need to save these settings as a Preset for later use.

11.) In the middle of a song, you can toggle the Crossfeed off/on to test its effect, which in most cases is more subtle than you might expect.

Al Kooper/Mike Bloomfield/Steven Stills' Super Session album (1968) has been my reference album... and the crossfeed provided by Head-Fit makes a night-and-day difference on some tracks while remaining transparent on others. Glad I finally figured this out as I was NOT able to enjoy this album through headphones last night due to the innate channel separation.

Hope this information is helpful to someone else down the line. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back