Can Samsung TV drive ATH-M50 ?
Jun 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

New Head-Fier
I want to buy Samsung UE32F5000 and connect it to Xbox via HDMI cable.
I know this TV has headphone out and here is my question: can it drive headphones to decent level when listening to music for example?
Did anyone try connecting headphones to any TV at all? How do they behave? I assume that I shouldn't expect high quality audio experience out of TV's built-in sound card but maybe I'm wrong...

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 5
I know this TV has headphone out and here is my question: can it drive headphones to decent level when listening to music for example?
Did anyone try connecting headphones to any TV at all? How do they behave? I assume that I shouldn't expect high quality audio experience out of TV's built-in sound card but maybe I'm wrong...

Depends on what is your "decent level" of volume, and on the headphone.
In my opinion, my Xperia PLAY and my Bravia 47" FIFA World Cup Edition can drive my HD 650 to considerably loud volumes, but that is relative to ones taste.
What I might find to be loud another person could think it to be as normal volume.

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 5

Of course it can, ATH-M50 is one of the most efficient full-sized cans around.  A bit too much in my opinion.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the UN32F5000 (which seems to be the same as the UE32F5000) and the headphone out jack is a line out, fixed, quite low in volume. You need to connect that to an amplifier, then it'll be useful as a headphone out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back