Can PX100 owners check their plugs for me?
Aug 8, 2008 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

filipelli

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

Just bought another pair of px100 off of amazon, and I thought the 3.5mm plug has ridges in the strain relief. I just got mine and the jack just looks smooth. It is also silver. Take a look at the pics. This one is from amazon through prime. This could be normal but I thought the plug looked different.

IMG_0942.jpg

Sorry for bad quality and dark photo. Must be my bad memory or something but I remember the grey color being a lot lighter than the one I received. Take a look. Maybe I am just losing it haha. They look pretty dark in real life..sorry for bad photo again.

IMG_0941.jpg

Anyway let me know what you guys think.

Aug 8, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by r@mside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like Punnisher's, mine have stress relief ridges at the jack.

My headband also has silver 'PX100' text where yours has embossed numbers.

Her's probably has that too, you just can't see it from the camera angle.

Aug 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah the px100 is there.

Hmm I guess a revision then. I always buy my px100 from amazon to avoid fakes on ebay. It was really strange opening these ones for the first time. The plug, now that I think of it, is much slimmer than the one with the ridges. Perhaps sennheiser just revamped it to match up with the iphone when it came out. Who knows why.

Zorander, thanks for the pics. My px100 looks even darker than that I think in better light. Although my photo is in dark lighting, the grey is pretty close. Very strange. I was going to refinish the px100 drivers to black but now I don't know if I want to do that haha.

OH and thanks guys for the input!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back