Can Monitors and Headphones Get Along?
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cameron913

New Head-Fier
I'm relatively new to these forums but I have found the information and opinions contained in them incredibly insightful, and I have a question for all of you:

Does anyone else sometimes listen to open-backed headphones and studio monitors at the same time? I started out with a pair of Yamaha MSP5s and have recently bought the Grado SR225i, and I love them both on their own, but I find that some types of music really shine when I use the monitors and then turn up the headphones to the point that I can hear both.  Especially for vocals and strings, the headphones really reinforce the subtle textures while the monitors expand the soundstage and reinforce the low end significantly.  I haven't read about anyone else doing this, and I was thinking that maybe it causes some kind of interference or negatively impacts the sound in some way.
So does anyone else do this? I'm very curious about other people's similar experiences.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 3
lol.  just lol.

yeah, ive done it 

i felt stupid 
triportsad.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 3
yep tried it once after stevekelby recommended it, tell you what works awesome, is K1000 + active subwoofer for bass reinforcement :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back