CAN JAM 09
May 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17
Hey Folks

Ok so we have been busy packing the Arc -O- ALO stuff. Our table this year will be clean and simple. Here is what we have planned for our table.

Amphora SE (hot of press and not burned in)
Amphora ipod Claro Walnut
Amphora Standard Padauk

Source - MacBook and Wadia iTransport with ipod

DAC - Compact Super Dac 707U, - Small, simple, beautiful and one of the best bargains found in DAC's. Ours is running off a ALO SLA battery box
bigsmile_face.gif

and one Amphora running off a iMod of course.

I am bringing a bunch of headphones, ALO re cabled Grado GS1000, AKG702 with ALO SXC cable, Sennheiser HD650 with an ALO Sennheiser OCC cable. And my Ultrasone Edition 9s that have also re cabled.

There will be an assortment of ALO cables on display as well as a few new cables. Sadly no Red Wine Audio (Vinnie) this year at the ALO table
frown.gif
I will miss my pal!!!

We look forward seeing everyone and having a great time as usual!! I will try and post photos on this thread each evening.

Best,

Ken

We will have several

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 28, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 17
The SLA battery is a great way to run the Super Pro DAC707. I use a Sigma 11 PSU and it brings the Super Pro optical DAC closer to the level of my Micro DAC (same chips as the HR) or Pico DAC/amp being used as a preamp. The PSU makes a nice upgrade in sound with it.

May 28, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SLA battery is a great way to run the Super Pro DAC707. I use a Sigma 11 PSU and it brings the Super Pro optical DAC closer to the level of my Micro DAC (same chips as the HR) or Pico DAC/amp being used as a preamp. The PSU makes a nice upgrade in sound with it.

I love these Super DAC 707U's, the company recently upgraded the power supplies they come with. I sell these upgraded units and for the price its a no brainier for a small USB DAC. The 707U come with an array of cables even one ready to be terminated for a SLA battery supply! I am in the process of making a much smaller SLA power supply for the 707U. The one I am bringing with me is a larger 12V 5 amp hour one that I plan to run 2 707U's off of. Providing the chest of goodies arrives to the hotel in one piece
confused_face.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 29, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 17
Arrived and all set up!
smily_headphones1.gif

I only lost a wheel on my Pelican case. All else is in working condition and all systems go.

We are in room Newport C just across the hall from Rays room.

Very excited for the show tomorrow, will post photos later.

Ken

May 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 17
Having a great time!!

HF2009a.jpg

HF2009b.jpg

HF2009c.jpg

HF2009d.jpg

The Sennheiser HD800s and the Amphora and an awesome match, now I have to buy another headphone
frown.gif

HF2009e.jpg

Noel Lee (Monster Cable CEO) trys a pair or ALO re cabled Dr.Dre Beats
L3000.gif

KB

May 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sennheiser HD800s and the Amphora and an awesome match, now I have to buy another headphone

Yea! That means I'll get to hear an HD800 sometime at a future PDX area meet.
smile.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 17
God, Ken, I look horrible in that picture! I'm all hunched over.

I am going to post many reviews of all the wonderful products I heard at CanJam in another thread later when I'm not so tired. The meet was great and everyone was wonderful. It was a complete blast and anyone who missed out missed an incredible experience. There was TONS and TONS of gear there and over $17,000 in raffle prizes were given out over two days from the very generous sponsors. I won a complete Pink Floyd studio album set made to look like the original LPs!!

Ken's a great guy, and we talked a bit on several occasions.

The HD800 are an incredibly hard headphone to pair with an amp. They are the most amp specific headphone I have ever heard in my life. They sound like a different animal when balanced (and this is the best way to drive them), and few amps could make them sound really good in their standard single-ended state. But there were some that took them to the limits of what they are capable with in single-ended configuration. Two to be exact, at the entire meet that stood out to me as killer matches for the HD800. One was a tube amp, and it was the Sonett by Donald North Audio. The other, a solid state amp was the ALO Amphora!!! I urge anyone who has a pair of HD800 to try the Amphora with it. Ken had never heard it with the Amphora before, and when I let him try my pair he was in audio heaven. I'm sure you will love it as much as we did.

Lots more to come later. I'm exhausted and need to relax, plus I started to get sick with a cold today.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #11 of 17
Hi Ken and everyone!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Can Jam this year. I'm looking forward to reading up on everything that I missed.
popcorn.gif

Hopefully we be there next year.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, Ken, I look horrible in that picture! I'm all hunched over.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry! I cought you in the act of Headphone removal, how about this lovely one.

HF2009f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back