Can I use onboard card and dac the same time?
Mar 18, 2020 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

walpy

New Head-Fier
Hi Can I use mojo dac and onboard realtek alc 1150 the same time? I got idea to use mojo for left and right front and realtek for center and rear ? Is it possible ? I got active monitors genelec one 5.1 system. Thank You !!!

Mar 18, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 6
What is the make and model of your Genelec 5.1 system?
I believe MS Windows will only feed audio thru one connection (normally), be it USB or optical or coaxial or analog jacks, etc.
Is the Genelec 5.1 connected to the three analog (green, orange, black) jacks on the computer's on-board audio (Realtek ALC1150)?

Mar 19, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi Can I use mojo dac and onboard realtek alc 1150 the same time? I got idea to use mojo for left and right front and realtek for center and rear ? Is it possible ? I got active monitors genelec one 5.1 system. Thank You !!!
Thats an Operating System Qustion.
On Linux you can change Audio Input and Output for every Source.
So if you have 3 Browser Tabs playing sound, you can have different output devices for each tab.

I, for Example, have an VoIP App that uses an Bluetooth Speakers as Output Device, my VLC Player that uses HDMI Output to my A/V-Receiver and Audacity which uses my USB DAC, all at the same time and concurrent.

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 6

Why would you do that? I expect it will not sound good since the timing (latency) will not be the same.

Just FYI I'm able to run two music apps (Tidal, Deezer) into two separate DACs at the same time from Win10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back