Can i use iTunes with a HiFiMAN 801 mp3 player
Jul 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 15
Not with iTunes alone I don't think. However iTunes + Another program/Plug-in (eg. Sync Tunes) should allow you to.
I'm assuming you are on OSX? Have you considered using drag and drop?

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 15
I use iTunes so I downloaded the free version of dbpoweramp which is good for about 21 days. I then converted all my Apple Lossless files to FLAC. Then I created a few folders each with about 32 Gb of music and I upload them to the SDHC card and off I go. Good luck.

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 15
If you are using Windows and not Mac I see no reason why you would be using iTunes in the first place.
There are better free alternatives such as Foobar200.

@ Expatin Japan: How much did you see the HiFiMan from? It's pretty uncommon to find second hand ones so I'm curious where you would have seen one.
Also as a Mac user your best option (in my opinion) is just to Drag n' Drop.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Itunes is a bad player, why bother.

Hifaman is a total ripoff btw, just get a clip+.

I <3 you. Though I really don't see the relative merits of any different PMP at all...

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #11 of 15
A Clip+/Fuze preforms just about as well, but can't be used as a DAC.  Also, 40gbs in that slick package is awesome.  (8gb onboard + 32gb SDHC)

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 15
I do not see why not. As long as you use an audio codec/format that is compatible with both iTunes and the 801.
Open iTunes and a window with the file system of the 801 side by side, then drag and drop files/albums from iTunes into the other window.

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #13 of 15
@ Hybrys, Logwed and Dalamar: If the OP wanted to decide on whether to or not to buy a HiFiMan he would have asked. He didn't. Your opinions are not doing anyone any good in this topic.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
@ Hybrys, Logwed and Dalamar: If the OP wanted to decide on whether to or not to buy a HiFiMan he would have asked. He didn't. Your opinions are not doing anyone any good in this topic.

It's called conversational development.  The point was posed in a bad way, but my comment dealt solely with the fact that he thought they couldn't hold much, when infact they can hold more than the HiFiMAN.  (If I recall)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back