Can i use alcohol swab which contain ethyl alcohol 70% for cleaning earbud/iem?
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ichtch

New Head-Fier
does cleaning with alcohol swab which contain ethyl alcohol 70%is good for my earbud ,iem even my dap??what negative effects if im using ethyl alcohol?im doesn't want using cloth damp/water because i want to disinfectant my gadget after im using and sometimes i buy some second hand..im also consider to buy alcohol swab which contain isopropyl alcohol 70% is ethyl so bad for my gadget instead of isopropyl,any help i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 5
If you're worried about alcohol potentially damaging your IEMs you could try something like the Tech-Care cleaning wipes. Generally anything made for cleaning hearing aids will also work for cleaning IEMs

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 5
If you're worried about alcohol potentially damaging your IEMs you could try something like the Tech-Care cleaning wipes. Generally anything made for cleaning hearing aids will also work for cleaning IEMs
thanks. i just heard some ppl said that alcohol is bad for plastic/rubber and didnt specific what kind alcohol it is (methanyl, ethyl,isopropyl) , and some ppl says is safe to go a except methanyl and acetone.my alcohol seab which i referring to is ethyl alcohol 70% for disinfectan/antiseptic which i can buy it easly from pharmacy store, and isopropyl alcohol is hard to get in here it need a recipe or permission from professional/pharmacist, if ethyl is harmful so i would consider to try to get it, i searched a tech care cleaning wipes also it not available in my country.
Alcohol should be just fine , Just wet a paper towel and clean with it . Dont pour it directly on iem .
thanks . I just want to make sure is that kind of my alcohol (ethyl alcohol 70% for disinfectan/antiseptic purposes) is harmful or not, because its not popular of an alcohol for cleaning especially gadget like iems earbud dap etc,a popular one is isopropyl alcohol/ipa which is will need some effort to get them in here.i just want to make sure im not using false alcohol so i started this thread.in my case im using alcohol swab is contained ethyl alcohol and they are like damp wipes im always rinse it directly after opened it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back