Can I use a balanced output on to a single mini XLR input?
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

EdgeOfSound

Head-Fier
Hi All,
I've had a Beyerdynamics DT1990 Pro for a few months now and am quite happy with it. I've just been using it plugged into my laptop or my phone. (Yea...still a n00b.)

I was wondering since the DT1990 Pro only has a single mini XLR connection can you use it with a amp/DAC that has a balanced output? And also I've noticed that that some amps have separate left and right XLR outputs. How would that work with a single XLR (if it could)?

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi All,
I've had a Beyerdynamics DT1990 Pro for a few months now and am quite happy with it. I've just been using it plugged into my laptop or my phone. (Yea...still a n00b.)

I was wondering since the DT1990 Pro only has a single mini XLR connection can you use it with a amp/DAC that has a balanced output? And also I've noticed that that some amps have separate left and right XLR outputs. How would that work with a single XLR (if it could)?

Literally seconds after I posted this I watched a video that said you can't use a DT1900 Pro with balanced output :frowning2: Oh well... Reading the glossary post it doesn't seem that big a deal anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back