Can I split these cables in to 2 separate ones?
Nov 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HelIish

Head-Fier
Can I split the red cable from the white or is there a different monoprice cable I should be buying as I do not seem to see any other "premium" rca cable on there.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=2864&seq=1&format=2
?

These ones are labeled RCA & SPDIF which kind of confuses me, anyone know If I can use these?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=2680&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Depends on what you want to hook up.  What do you need it/them for?

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 7
Cables labeled "SPDIF" or "Digital" can always be used for analog audio.
The reverse may not be the best plan.  Although they will probably work in shorter lengths, longer lengths could test the design quality of your other components.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Cables labeled "SPDIF" or "Digital" can always be used for analog audio.
The reverse may not be the best plan.  Although they will probably work in shorter lengths, longer lengths could test the design quality of your other components.

+1

Those Monoprice digial coxial cables are often recommended for subwoofer cable usage, but they will work fine as RCA interconnects for other analog audio too. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 7
They are going from the Asus Xonar X6  -> Genelec 5040a -> (5) Genelec 6010a

So what is recomended then the first option of splitting the pair of RCA cables or using the second option?

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

So what is recomended then the first option of splitting the pair of RCA cables or using the second option?

No you cannot split that into two with that one.

You either need to get "single-ended" RCA cable from the supplier or get something like Wireworld RCA cable.  I got a pair of Wireworld Terra-6 RCA-RCA cable.  They come as dual ended, but you can split them into two by gently pulling them apart with your hands. That's how I plugged them to my Focal CMS40 speakers.

Terra-6 (or 5) costs $25 for 2m.  I would suggest you go higher up from their lineup for better SQ.  Stay away from monogayprice cables or bluejeans..

Later on I'll be opting for Audioquest Niagara XLR cables ($1800) for my Focal speakers.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Or he can split the monoprice cable in the same manner after gently cutting the heatshrink holding the ends together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back