Can I some how use my headphones with my XBOX 360?
Nov 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jamieuk147

100+ Head-Fier
I have some headphones I use with my pc with a DG sound card for gaming and love it.... I have got in to gaming on my 360 and wondering if there was a way to hook my headphones up with a mic? Also would I get 5.1 surround sound while gaming? :)

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I have some headphones I use with my pc with a DG sound card for gaming and love it.... I have got in to gaming on my 360 and wondering if there was a way to hook my headphones up with a mic? Also would I get 5.1 surround sound while gaming? :)

Astro Mix-amp, S/PDIF optical connection to the xBox, max audio will be compressed 6-channel (5.1) 24-bit/48KHz audio

A/V receiver, HDMI cable from the xBox to the receiver, HDMI cable from receiver to TV/monitor.
Max audio will be 8-channel (7.1) of PCM (uncompressed) 24-bit/192KHz audio

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) PCI-E sound card comes with a S/PDIF optical input (24-bit/48KHz)
Refurb sells for $44.99 at Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102043

Mic wise, you can pick any add-on mic you want.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 4
As always thanks! :) Am guessing if I want virtual surround the mixamp is the only root? How you enjoying your yamaha amp with silent cicema mode?, doesnt that create virtual surround on all inputs connected to it?

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
As always thanks! :) Am guessing if I want virtual surround the mix-amp is the only root? How you enjoying your Yamaha amp with Silent Cinema mode?, doesn't that create virtual surround on all inputs connected to it?

Virtual surround on all inputs connected to it?
Not that I have noticed, but I'm going to double check the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back