Can i power hd800 at full potential from Matrix M-Stage HPA-2?
Nov 1, 2014 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
I edited my last thread to not create a new one, so please do not blame me... I am asking if i can power the hd800 for their full potential from matrix m-sta hpa-2?..

Original thread was asking if i can use Hd800 with fiio e12..

I will add al the other AMPs i could be getting.

Burson Solist SL
Woo Audio Wa6
M2Tech Marley
Burson Solist
Wooaduio Wa 7 Fireflies
Sennheiser Hdva 600

I want the sound to have a little more treble, as much soundstage as possible, and i want the amp to be as small and portable as possible. I might need to carry  it weekley between 2 places. At least it should not deterriorate due to vibration that it would get in my car.

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Are you going to be using your headphone outdoors and on public transport? The Sennheisers are all open-backed, so you wont have any isolation, making them fairly useless unless you are only using them inside where it isn't noisy.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 3
Only inside. But, i am moving between 2 places, my home and where i learn. I want a portable amp to ba able to take it with me. And it seems that hd800 are not really portable. They might not be the best ideea for me, but i really liked their sound.. 

For outside use i am going to have my dj one pro, and mostly sure akg k550. I just want to know if i can carry with me the soundstage and clarity of hd800, or i should stop at akg k550.   At least,i am searching for what would be the best closed back headphones that would have soundstage, and still would have all the details present in a song. For example, if you will listen to deathaura from sonata arctica at hd800, in the first part you hear a very very soft violin making a scary atmosphere. In my ultrasone dj one pro, i cannot hear that violin at all. i want to hear all the details possible, but i would pretty much preffer a closed back headphone.

but if it is not possible, i preffer hd800, but i must have portable headphones, as i do not live in one place. If i cannot have hd800, i read that hd700 are similar..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back