Can I pay anyone to do a Grado recable/repair here in the UK?
Dec 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

amigomatt

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi people,

I have two sets of Grados here (SR60 and SR125) that have been lying in storage for a few years now, as they need recabling/repairing.  I have searched without luck trying to find someone here in the UK to do it.  I have no experience with DIY stuff like this, so don't really want to risk it myself, but does anyone know where I could get them done?  I would even pay someone privately to do the job if they could, as I'm sure it would be pretty straightforward for anyone who knows what they're doing.  Any help would be appreciated.  I really want to ressurect my old Grados!  The first headphones that blew my mind!

Many thanks in advance!

Matt

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Maybe you got to the bottom of this ?       If not try Armour Home Electronics.       They just re cabled my GS1000.         Made a nice job and cost me £85.             

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Maybe you got to the bottom of this ?       If not try Armour Home Electronics.       They just re cabled my GS1000.         Made a nice job and cost me £85.             

Thanks for your reply, Damian, but I learnt how to solder and did the job myself on the SR60s.

Unfortunately, it looks like a broken driver on my SR125s, so they're a lost cause now, plus £85 seems a steep price to pay to recable an £80 pair of headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back