Can I/How do I paint a Schiit Amp?
Jun 22, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #18 of 25
Jun 22, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #21 of 25
Plasti Dip is a good way to start because it is completely reversible. It's like a rubberized coating and if you don't like the results, it can be peeled off. With standard spray painting, you won't be able to restore it back to the original factory finish. These are the Plasti Dip colors in aerosol cans (click on "Plasti Dip Multi Purpose Colors"): https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/. They also offer a kit for mixing your own custom color that would be brushed on.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #23 of 25
Found all the colours I want from rustoleum, not from plasti dip though. My issue is that the rustoleum pink, while not reversible, is exactly the colour i want, I don't have to **** about with anything else ya know? I don't wanna do that custom colour plasti dip thing :c And I can't find any anodisers near me or anywhere that are reasonably priced. Most of them don't even list prices.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #24 of 25
That's exactly what I'd use! Very durable stuff.
I was told by someone else that rustoleum is a good brand to use, would you share that sentiment? All their stuff says its good and works fine on metal and such. I'm not looking to spend 200 unfortunately, the amp has already cost me double the initial cost after shipping and voltage changes.

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #25 of 25
That's exactly what I'd use! Very durable stuff.
Yeah I've heard a lot of good things! I *do* worry about resale since it's irreversible... But like, what else can I do haha ^_^

This colour is gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back