Can I get a review of the Sony SRF-M37V?
Aug 27, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I have had one for years. It is probably the best Sony radio Walkman ever made. The writing on the buttons wore off long ago, and this thing just keeps on going. I have dropped it countless times, used it while cutting the grass, then washed it and let it dry.
blink.gif
Amazing.

FM quality is as good as any radio Walkman, which means very good. (I have owned Sony radio Walkmans since the original blue box/orange foam headphones.) Sensitivity seems reasonably good, and multipath distortion has never been too much of a problem. The digital buttons and presets are a Godsend - they absolutely lock into a station, and if you use the hold switch, they will never waiver.

A great bonus is that the AM band may be among the most sensitive of all Sony walkmans - I use it for baseball games (Go Braves!) and radio talk shows all the time. Sensitivity and frequency response is slightly reduced with 1.2V NiMH rechargeables, but I use them regularly and you can't tell the difference when they are fully charged. Sennheiser MX400's or MX500's make a great match with this radio.

I cannot do yard work or outdoor tasks without this thing strapped to my belt. At the same time, it sits by my bedside for those hard-to-sleep late night DX-ing's. It is very easy - in the dark - to keep track of tuning with the up and down buttons (they lightly beep into the earbuds), and using one of your presets as reference. That's something my wife appreciates. I will definitely buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back