Can I do better than the Klipsch X10 at $170?
Feb 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, any questions, PM me, since I have tried most all of the possible tip combos until the great advice from mp3 on the Shure tri-flanges.

Sure thing, thanks.

Feb 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what the Unique Melody mid driver and 3 way crossover upgrade does to the stock TF10 sound.

Do you have those? I was thinking of sending the TF10 to Fisher but now the added mid driver from UM sounds interesting.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I pulled the trigger on the b-stock X10s. I liked the X5 a lot. I just wish they would include the little travel box.

I think that's a good buy. Keep close eye on the cable....just make sure you NEVER wrap it around your source. I have had mine for a while now and they are doing great, but they are thin and require some care.

If you get to a point where you might want to open up some bass, pick up the sony hybrid tips and use them. Really made a world of difference. They are easily the most comortable IEMs I have ever owned. And although they don't need it, they really shine with an amp. Congrats on your purchase! can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really do not think that the mid's are recessed, more in the sense of not being a mid forward IEM. I find the mid's sweet with the Mustang, but thats just me. I also find that the default standard of wearing them over the ear puts the sound spectrum in perfect balance,also i find them to be a warm sounding IEM but not overly excessive. but thats just me again.

To me, mid is not recessed only if I crank up volume more than I used to listen at, even that, mid is not as detail as UM3x. I see you got nice amp to drive it, may be that is why you can get the most of TF10 pro. I envy you
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, mid is not recessed only if I crank up volume more than I used to listen at, even that, mid is not as detail as UM3x. I see you got nice amp to drive it, may be that is why you can get the most of TF10 pro. I envy you
ksc75smile.gif

If you can save up a couple bucks you can get these amps here for around $300 IMO it is so worth it. IMO theres a big difference between using the Mustang and not using any amp at all. Even if it takes you a month to save you will envy yourself for the accomplisment. By no means am i a rich person but when i have my mind on getting something i make it happen no matter how long it takes.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 22
I've had my TF 10's for about a month now . I was lucky enough to get them new in the box from someone on the speaker forum I frequent who had bought them a while back when Amazon had them for $100 ! So it cost me $106 with the shipping.
So far so good , my first pair of IEM , coming from the Apple earbuds .
I'm still getting used to them as far as the fit , but after watching a video on You Tube and reading the "How To" section on this site . I think I've got them dialed in just right. I'm using the foam tips that came with them. I'm wondering what size they are . I seem to have small ear canals as the rubber tips even the smallest did not work for me at all.

I absolutely love the sound from them. I'm no audiophile , but I'm hearing all sorts of sounds and nuances I hadn't heard before .

At this point for $100 bucks , I'm very pleased .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back