Can I cover a couple basis's...
Mar 25, 2008 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stupidgirlsays

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I have not posted here in quite some time. A while ago, I bought a pair Ety ER-4P's and absolutely love them. I got one of the first pairs with the braided cords. Since then, I have thoroughly enjoyed them on my commutes to school on the train and just listening at home. The only thing I struggle with, as many do, is the lack of bass impact. I would have to say they are probably one of the most neutral IEM's I have experienced and I do like that because I am into Hi-Fi stereo equipment and am majoring in producing recorded music. For all intensive purposes, these are great.

I am at the point though where I have an itch for something new. After getting Beyerdynamic 770 Pro for monitoring and just plain listening to music, I like the amount of bass and I just like having a little more "fun" headphone. That brings me to where I am now. Would the Shure SE530's be a "fun" IEM and be very lively? I am not so much worried about all out accuracy at this point, but I am sure the SE530 isn't a slouch.

Now I bet a lot of you are going to say go with UE triple.fi 10's and by all means I would if the SE530's weren't at such a good price. I probably cannot say exact price, but I can get them at about 50% off. In your opinion would they justify what I am looking for in a new IEM?

(edit) I am using an iPod Nano for most of my listening while commuting.

Thanks
-Matt

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 6
50% off SE530's? I think you have a winner!

Most people state that the SE530 are great but overpriced compared to Triple.fi10 and Westone UM2 but at 50% off, that is a great deal on a triple driver IEM from all my readings.

Disclaimer:
I have not listened to the SE530 or T.fi10 so I can't give you my opinions on the 2 but from readings, the SE530 are seen as a much more "fun" and musical IEM. I think there are infact a couple of head to head reviews around.

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by stupidgirlsays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well thank you for the first push to fling for them. Which IEM are you referring to when you say there are a couple head to head reviews around?

-Matt

UE Triple.fi10 and SE530. There are many threads I have read today and these 2 IEMs are really seen as the best of the best but depending on what you need, i.e. the UE are more neutral and highly regarded for their high-end clarity where as the SE530 is loved for its musical sound sig and is also known to respond very well to EQing, so I guess you could take the SE530 and IF the high end is slightly rolled off, just EQ it slightly. I know for a fact that Future Sonics IEMs respond great to a bit of EQ so if the SE530 does to, then they would be the perfect IEM IMO.

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
50% off SE530 would win me over. If you don't like them you can sell them and get your money back anyway.

Very good point. I think that is enough said. I think I am going to order them later on today. Who knows, maybe you guys will see a pair of SE530 up for sale very soon, you never know.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back