can i connect an acoustic guitar to a reciever via fiio e11?
Dec 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adamlr

1000+ Head-Fier
Very random question - i know. I hope this is the right forum for this... But my flatmate has an acoustic guitar (with a line out), i have a fiio e11 and theres a very old, very crappy stereo system in the livingroom - connectors and cables are no issue. What are the chances of killing one of the componnents? Any comment will be appreciated =]

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Very random question - i know. I hope this is the right forum for this... But my flatmate has an acoustic guitar (with a line out), i have a fiio e11 and theres a very old, very crappy stereo system in the livingroom - connectors and cables are no issue. What are the chances of killing one of the componnents? Any comment will be appreciated =]
I'd start with the volume pots at zero and give it a shot. Don't see why it couldn't work. You are using your E11 as a pre amp with volume control. I'd put the volume where you'd normally listen on the main rig and then use the E11 volume to set listening volume.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Your guitar should have balanced outputs. The E11 does not have balanced inputs. Not sure if it will work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back