Can I connect a TRS male output to a TRRS female input?
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DatGameh

Head-Fier
TL;DR: I have a headphone that takes only 2.5mm TRRS/4-Pole input. I would like to connect a 3.5mm TRS/3-Pole output to it, but this adapter is the closest thing I could find and it has a 3.5mm TRRS/4-Pole input. Will connecting a TRS output to a TRRS input work?

1706302833690.png

I recently received a Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary headphone. I would like to attach to it a Boom-Mic cable that I have laying around, but it needs an adapter because:
1. The T50RP 50th Anniversary has a 2.5mm TRRS/4-pole input
2. The input is weirdly angled to the side.

And so I look for an 90-degree adapter that can connect my headphone to this mic.

The mic-cable has a 3.5mm TRS/3-Pole connector that goes to the headphone, as can be seen below.
1706303062996.png

And so I've tried searching for a "2.5mm TRRS male to 3.5mm TRS female" and they simply do not exist.

The closest I could find is the adapter pictured above, a "2.5mm TRRS male to 3.5mm TRRS female". But it will take weeks to ship over too here, and so I want to make sure that it is compatible.

If I was to connect this microphone-cable to this adapter and into my headphone (i.e. TRS Male output to a TRRS Female input) , will the audio work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back