Can I Bi-amp Meadowlark Kestrels?
Jan 9, 2006 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dwc

100+ Head-Fier
Does enyone know if I can use a Panny receiver to bi-amp my Kestrel II's?

I've read that one requirement is that the negative binding posts are not connected internally to each other. They have to be independent.

Anyone tested this? I can test it myself, but I had a bit of a time attaching/tightening my (14-ga) speaker wire to the posts while maintaining the little bridge wire connection, and I'm hoping to find out from someone who knows rather than having to rip it out and do it over. Secondly, I also fear that may not be the only issue to consider.

Thanks,
Dan

Jan 11, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 5
bumping... does anyone know someone they could ask?

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 5
These are Kestrel II's. (Not hotrods)

I got them of Audiogon from a dealer in New York. They were floor demo models. So I got original boxes and new speakers with no dings. Only thing they had was dust.
smily_headphones1.gif
I was going to buy from the Meadowlark going out of business sale, but they sold out of all the brown woods and only had like ash left when I went to order. I need a brown wood to go with all the brown wood in the living room. So I camped out on a'gon for a few days and late one night I caught the post for this pair in mahogany and snagged them in the morning (for $1k). I'm really happy with them but I'm a bass-head so I bought myself a HSU sub for Christmas.

Thanks so much for the reply, now I have to find the right Panny to try it with. (which is the best Panny out right now?)

Thanks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back