Can headphone amps like Fiio E06 help me with this problem?
May 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dhruv

New Head-Fier
So I've been reading quite a few reviews stating how magical amps are but now I bought a pair of JBL headphones and they are good but crank up the volume and the bass does tend to overpower the other frequencies and sometimes even tends to distort a bit, now will an amp like the Fiio E06 (the only one I can afford right now thats available in my country) help me reduce this problem or will I just be wasting money?
Thanks for any info :)

May 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Anyone? Any info will be greatly appreciated, sorry if i'm getting antsy but its just that there is only one shop in my country which sells them and they go out of stock very quickly, i need to buy it within a few days.

May 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 6
You need to give more information for people to help you.

what is your source ipod, clip etc
What kind of music files mp3 128kps, 256... , ALAC , FLAC etc?

Fiio E6 are usually cheap so its not such a stretch to just buy it anyway :)

May 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 6
I'll be using it mostly with my Nokia 5800 xpress, mostly mp3 320 KBPS, flac and other lossless files i usually play through my laptop so i don't know if it'll be good for that.

May 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 6
which JBL headphones do you have?

Do you get the same distortion on the laptop (what laptop) as well as the nokia?

Do you use EQ?

Sorry for the many questions but every bit helps people to help you :wink:

May 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
which JBL headphones do you have?

Do you get the same distortion on the laptop (what laptop) as well as the nokia?

Do you use EQ?

Sorry for the many questions but every bit helps people to help you :wink:

JBL Tempo J04. Yeah I do get similar distortion because the bass is a little too boomy, the problem isn't repeated with my sony zx300. And on my phone I do, i dont on the laptop (Acer Aspire One, technically a netbook but you know whatever). Thats what I wanted to know do amps tend to be able to cut down on the bass? Cuz the amount of midrange I can hear on the jbls is good but the bass doesn't allow them to shine through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back