Can Dynamic Driver IEM's be damaged by proximity to strong magnets?
Jan 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ogham

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

My first post here! You guys have proven vital in helping me make an informed choice on the best DAP & IEM's for me to purchase!

I've gone with a rockbox'd Sansa Clip+ and a pair of Sennheiser IE-8's, and I am extremely impressed with the result
biggrin.gif

Now that I've got some IEM's that deserve my full respect, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this type can be easily damaged by strong magnetic fields? Specifically Neodymium magnets, which seem to be everywhere these days!

Similar questions have been asked before, but I wanted to clarify in the case of Dynamic Driver IEM's.

Cheers,

Ogham

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Very very unlikely, but I wouldn't go leaving them stuck to the back of a huge magnet! In normal situations they will be fine, for example being put on top of a speaker cabinet will not damage them, but avoid direct contact with strong magnets like the back of an exposed speaker driver.

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Soundmangt4, I'll be keeping them well away from any direct contact with large magnets!  It's the small but powerful Neodymium magnets that concern me, they seem to be everywhere - I guess they are nothing in comparison to direct contact with a large driver though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back